Here are some ideas for your DREAM vacation:
- Visit Lima’s colonial and modern jewels: the Cathedral, the catacombs of San Francisco, the changing of the guard, anthropological and gold museums, & epicurean delights. Drive along the Pacific coast, fly over the NAZCA Lines; visit the white city of Arequipa; see condors fly in the Colca Canyon. Explore ancient Cusco and the Sacred Valley then… be fascinated by MACHU PICCHU!! Escorted AND Individual (hosted) travel available starting any day.
Little SOUTHERN Italy
- Visit Aquila, the Warrior of Capistrano in Chieti, the Gargano Peninsula with Monte St. Angelo and Padre Pio, the Etruscan ceramics at Ruvo di Puglia, St. Nicholas in Bari, the Trulli in Alberobello, the Bronzes of Riace; ferry across the strait of Messina to view Sicilian carts in Taormina, Greek ruins at Syracuse, Roman mosaics at Piazza Armerina, Greek Temples of Agrigento; Roman Pompeii & Herculaneum, plus…. true pizza in Napoli!
- Walk around Etruscan Necropolis then over Roman highways. Visit a XV Century park with natural ‘monsters’. Experience cliff top medieval towns and cliffhanging villages. Alpine Lakes and towns, Palladian Villas and Venetian canals. Savor real Gelato, Pizza, spaghetti and cannelloni. Taste some Merlot, Frascati and Est! Est! Est!; coffee and cappuccino!
PERU – INCA Sun God Festival
- Visit Lima’s colonial and modern jewels: the Cathedral, the catacombs of San Francisco, the changing of the guard, anthropological and gold museums & epicurean delights. Drive along the Pacific coast, fly over the NAZCA Lines. Visit the white city of Arequipa; see condors fly in the Colca Canyon. Explore ancient Cusco and the Sacred Valley then…be fascinated by MACCHU PICHU!! Admire the Inca’s way of life, monuments, agriculture, architecture, and social order! Experience Inti Raymi (Sun God festival). Ride on top of the world to Titicaca Lake; walk on floating islands
- 14 days departing from Charlotte. Guided by teachers, geared toward High School students. Visiting Barcelona, stroll down Las Ramblas. In Madrid visit Parque El Retiro and Del Prado Museum. In Salamanca see the University City. Visit Alcala de Henares, Cervantes’ birthplace; Cordoba and its Mezquite. Seville and Granada with their colorful tiles and inspiring flamencos!! Dine on tapas almost everywhere!!
Heart of the ALPS
- Picturesque Alpine villages, passes and cities. Start in Venice and her canals, then climb the Alps to Cortina d’Ampezzo, over to Bad Gastein and it’s downtown waterfall, then to musical Olympic circles around Innsbruck then to Lichtenstein, and on to Interlaken and surroundings. The Western Alps of Grenoble and French wines. Enjoy and relax on Lake Como!!
- Magellan Penguins hatching and Southern Wright Whales tending their calves, sea lions, guanacos, killer whales, and condors flying. Walk up to the face of an advancing glacier in Patagonia; sail Beagle Channel and enjoy the southernmost city of the world in Fireland (Tierra del Fuego)! Enjoy a tango night in Boca in elegant Buenos Aires; and stand in awe in front of magnificent and gigantic Iguassu Falls
ANTARCTIC Expedition – Sailing at the Bottom of the World!!!!
- 11 day cruise aboard the M/V USHUAIA to the Antarctic Peninsula sailing past the Drake Passage to experience spectacular variety of seabirds and amazingly busy penguin colonies. Unique abundance of seals and magnificent whales. Beautifully shaped icebergs and glaciers. Historic places and currently active research stations. Our Classic Antarctic adventure cruises on board the USHUAIA offer the ultimate introduction to the White Continent. Visit the last pristine region of the world. Land at penguin colonies and research stations and observe various different species of whales, seals, penguins and seabirds. You will often make two landings a day (days 4-8) via our fleet of zodiac craft. Includes overnight in Ushuaia, two nights in Buenos Aires and a 3-day IGUAZU Falls program!!!
Alpine CHRISTMAS Markets
- Waltz to the Sound of Music in Salzburg or ride horse drawn sleighs in Kitzbuhel; shop in the Christkindle Markets of Tyrol and Bavaria; look for mad King Ludwig in Neuschwanstein Castle or shop for wood carvings in Oberammergau; snow skiing down Olympic trails around Innsbruck, enjoy the cozy local beer halls! Visit Swarovski Crystal Museum!
- Swim among the dolphins, walk around blue footed boobies, stare at iguanas, chase fire red crabs, admire the giant Galapagos turtles, walk over petrified lava fields, up to a mountain top lake, through rain forest; visit Darwin’s Museum! Stand on two Hemispheres at the same time; enjoy colonial Quito and eternal springtime in Cuenca; on top of the world!
Mayan Ruins – Sun and Fun Adventure
- Look through the Mayan Observatory at Chichen Itza, walk the Ball Court at Uxmal and experience its Light and Sound; the Labna gate, climb the pyramid at Coba; see the caves of Loltun, the cenote in Dzibilchaltun; colonial Valladolid, Merida, San Cristobal; Museum of La Venta; Palenque; ride the Usumacinta River to Yaxchilan; see the polychrome masks at Kohunlich; relax by the Caribbean!
- Enjoy the highlands and lowlands of Guatemala. Antigua with its old capital colonial charm; Indian markets of Chichicastenango; little villages around Lake Atitlan; majestic pyramids of Tikal; Caribbean relaxing in Livingstone.