For our third trip to Nepal we wanted to do some things differently, but keep the favorites! While we will be doing the Annapurna trail again, we will be taking a different route than the previous time. We will also be ending our trip with a jungle adventure! (Check out the end of this page for pictures from previous trips!)
Some FAQ before you read the below itinerary:
- Do we need to be medical staff in order to join this trip and participate in the medical camp days? No! We have a variety of people joining this trip, some are medical professionals donating their time, and others are just along for the ride! You are more than welcome to join us and volunteer during the medical camp days, or you can choose another adventure for those days (please just let us know in advance so we can help coordinate).
- How hard if the hike? We will be taking is nice and easy. While there are some challenging aspects, this is not a race. We will have guides with us every step of the way. If our owner/manager Raffaele can do it at the age of 73, you can too!
- What do I need to bring with me? If you choose to join us, you will be added to our mailing list for the trip where we will provide you with a list of items to bring, immunizations needed, as well as any other items needed to make your trip as comfortable as possible.
- Where do I sign up?! Shoot us an email at email@example.com OR just click here!
Program Dates: 16 March – 01 April 2023 (Please note: depending on where one may originate, it may be necessary to depart +/- a day)
- Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to hotel.
18 MAR 23 – Lv. Katmandu via Buddha Air and arrive at Pokhara. You will be met and transferred to hotel. Afternoon excursion to Devil’s Falls, Gupteswar Cave and Mountain Museum; visit Phewa Lake and take a boat trip to Tal Barahi Temple. Evening dinner
19 MAR 23 – Drive to Kande and trek to Pitam Deurali (2,100m/6,890ft) via Australian Camp (2060 m) (1940m/6360 ft, 6 hours walk)
- After breakfast drive to Kande. From Kande, trek to Pitam Deurali (2100m) via Australian Camp (2060m) and Pothana (1950m). Pothana has ACAP / TIM’s checkpoint. About 4-5 hours walking, you will reach Pitam Deurali (is a small village beautifully located on a ridge with good views of the Annapurna South, Mardi Himal and Macchhapuchhare from Kande) And then overnight at Lodge. (B-L-D)
20 MAR 23 – Pitam Deurali – Forest Camp – Rest Camp – Low Camp (2,970m/9,745ft)
- Trek from Pitam Deurali to Low Camp (2985m). You will stop for lunch in Forest Camp (2600m) after about 4 hour trekking. The trek from Pitan Deurali to Low Camp takes 7 hours walking), overnight at Lodge. (B-L-D)
21 MAR 23 – Low Camp – High Camp. 3,540m/11,615ft -4/5 hours
- Trek from Low Camp to High (3550m). You will see spectacular views of Machhapuchhre ahead and Annapurna South to my left. About 4 hours trekking we arrived at High Camp (3540m). Overnight at Lodge. (B-L-D)
22 MAR 23 – Hike to Mardi Himal Base Camp and trek down to Badal Danda 3,540m/11,615ft
- You will hike to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4500m) and back to High Camp. This round trip takes 4 to 5 hours walk. If you do not want to go all the way to Mardi Himal Base, you just hike to a viewpoint about halfway and back to High Camp. We see Mardi Himal (5587m), Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna south (7219m), Hiunchuli (6441m), Baraha Shikhar (Mt. Fang) (7647m), Tent Peak (5695m), Singhachuli (6501m), Machapuchhre (6993m) and others. After Lunch, trek down to Badal Danda (3210m) And then overnight at Lodge.(B-L-D)
23 MAR 23 – Badal Danda – Siding- Pokhara
- You will have a very nice view in the morning. After breakfast you will trek down to Siding. Around 4 hours trekking. This route allows us to experience something different and makes our trek exciting. Siddhing offers a quiet stay for trekkers as it is tucked away from the busier trails. After Lunch, 3 hours drive back to Pokhara, And then overnight at hotel. (B-L)
24 MAR 23 – Pokhara-Bhairawa drive for Dental camp (3.5 hours)
- Morning drive to Bhairawa. Upon arrival transfer to the Hotel. (B-L)
25 MAR 23 – Sat Full day dental/medical/social camp. (B-L-D)
26 MAR 23 – Sun Full day dental/medical/social camp. (B-L-D)
27 MAR 23 – Mon Full day dental/medical/social camp, (B-L-D)
28 MAR 23 Drive from Bhairawa to Chitwan (3hrs). On arrival Lunch at the resort. PM: welcome and activity briefing (time permitting Canoe ride in Rapti river). Dinner followed by Tharu stick dance. Overnight at the lodge.
29 MAR 23 – Full day jungle activities including canoeing, bird watching, nature walk & elephant ride OR Jeep safari etc.
- Wake-up call followed by tea or coffee and drive for Elephant ride to The national park. Later quick visit to Crocodile breeding center. Lunch at the resort. PM: Bird watching & Canoeing in a traditional dug-out canoe which takes you on a silent trip down the Rapti river to view aquatic birds, crocodiles and the other wildlife. Evening Slide presentation. One of our jungle experts will introduce background data and history of the Chitwan National Park Dinner. (B,L,D).
30 MAR 23 – Early wake-up call followed by tea or coffee. Jungle walk at the National park. After breakfast transfer to the airport in time to connect the domestic flight to Kathmandu. Evening dinner with folkloric show.
31 MAR 23 – Full day excursion to visit major sites in and around Katmandu. (B) Flights home this evening or next day (morning).
End of services.
NOTE: Flight times from individual cities varies. Some non-gateway cities have a supplement to be advised at booking. PRICES subject to change.
NOTE: Daily time for events or order in which services will be provided may change according to local circumstances, weather or forces beyond our control. Our representatives will do all possible to provide all services being described in Itinerary.
For more information regarding pricing and availability, please contact us.
ALL PICTURES PROPERTY OF MIRELLA BELTRAM/BELTRAM TRAVEL. DO NOT COPY OR REPRODUCE WITHOUT PERMISSION.