Family Fun in ITALY!
IF leaving: Lv 03 JUL trip includes a visit to Sorrento (Hotel Terrazza) and Capri; on 06 JUL drive to Rome.
- Day 1 – 05 JUL, Fri : Fly from US
- Day 2 – 06 JUL, Sat: Morning arrival in Rome – transfer to hotel. Time to freshen up; afternoon visit the Roman Forum and Colosseum. Albergo Santa Chiara.
- Day 3 – 07 JUL, Sun: Morning visit The Vatican, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica – afternoon walk around Trevi Fountain, Spanish steps, Piazza Navona, Pantheon
- Day 4 – 08 JUL, Mon: Morning drive to Assisi (St. Francis Basilica); afternoon drive to Rep of San Marino. Grand Hotel San Marino.
- Day 5 – 09 JUL, Tue: Day spent walking around and relaxing within the walls and towers in this the oldest continued Republic.
- Day 6 – 10 JUL, Wed: Morning drive to Ravenna to see the Roman Galla Placida mosaics; afternoon continue to Venice. Hotel Palazzo Giovanelli (on grand canal).
- Day 7 – 11 JUL, Thu: Day in Venice, visit St. Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace
- Day 8 – 12 JUL, Fri: Morning sail to Murano and Burano. After lunch drive to Verona. Evening attend the opera AIDA by Verdi in the Arena.
- Day 9 – 13 JUL, Sat: Morning drive into the Alps to Cortina, after lunch continue to Innsbruck, Austria. Gran Hotel Europa.
- Day 10 – 14 JUL, Sun: Full day excursion to Salzburg (site of the Sound of Music) return to Innsbruck.
- Day 11 – 15 JUL, Mon: Drive through the Alps to Lake Como. Hotel Bazzoni.
- Day 12 – 16 JUL, Tue: Morning visit Villa Carlota, ferry to Bellagio; after lunch return to hotel on the shore of Lake Como
- Day 13 – 17 Jul, Wed: Early morning drive to Malpensa Airport (Milan); return flight home.
(All pictures property of Mirella Beltram)