Beltram Travel is proposing an Antarctic Expedition. Please note that there are a variety of other dates and expeditions available. See at the end of this post.
Proposed ANTARCTIC Expedition
escorted by Mr. Raffaele Beltram and/or Mr. Bob Taylor, Magellan Travel Club
Day 1 – Depart Miami (or other city) in the afternoon.
Day 2 – Arrive at Buenos Aires, connecting flight to Ushuaia, mid day arrival. Meet and transfer to Hotel Las Hayas. Afternoon at leisure. Dinner.
Day 3 – Morning visit of city of Ushuaia, Museum, and nearby area. Afternoon transfer to port and board M/V USHUAIA
About the VESSEL
- Spectacular variety of seabirds and amazingly busy penguin colonies. Unique abundance of seals and magnificent whales. Beautifully shaped icebergs and glaciers. Historic places and currently-active research stations . Our Classic Antarctic adventure cruises on board the USHUAIA offer the ultimate introduction to the White Continent.
- Visit the last pristine region of the world. Land at penguin colonies and research stations and observe various different species of whales, seals, penguins and seabirds. You will often make two landings a day (days 4-8) via our fleet of zodiac craft.
- Day 4 – Ushuaia, Argentina
Embark the USHUAIA in the afternoon. We will sail along the famous Beagle Channel and the scenic Mackinlay Pass.
- Days 5-6 – Crossing the Drake Passage
As we sail across the passage, Antarpply Expeditions’ lecturers will be out with you on deck to help in the identification of an amazing variety of seabirds, which follow in our wake.
With favorable conditions in the Drake Passage our lecturers and naturalists will accompany you ashore as you experience your first encounter with the penguins and seals on Day 3.
- Days 7-11 – Antarctic Peninsula & South Shetland Islands
We plan to make at least two landings per day and possible landing sites may include: Paradise Bay, Adélie Penguin and Blue-eyed Cormorant colonies on Paulet Island, Melchior Island, Cuverville Island, Portal Poilnt, and Pléneau Island.
- Days 12-13 – At Sea – Drake Passage, northbound
- Day 14 – Ushuaia, Argentina
We arrive at the port of Ushuaia in the early morning and disembark the USHUAIA after breakfast.
Day 15 – Disembark and transfer to the airport. Depart Ushuaia mid day; Arrive Buenos Aires early evening. Meet and transfer to Hotel Intercontinental. Dinner.
Day 16 – Morning: tour of Buenos Aires. Time to relax until early evening transfer to the airport. Depart Buenos Aires late night.
Day 17 – Arrive Miami early morning.
OPTIONAL extension to Iguazu Falls
Day 18 – Full day tour of Buenos Aires with lunch.
Day 19 – Transfer to the airport for morning flight to Iguazu. Meet and transfer to Sheraton International hotel facing Iguazu Falls.
Day 20 – Full day excursion visiting the falls from both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides.
Day 21 – Day at leisure until time to transfer to the airport for flight back home.
Day 22 – Arrive Miami early morning.
**NOTE: – Daily time for events or order in which services will be provided may change according to local circumstances, weather or forces beyond our control. Our representatives will do all possible to provide all services being described in Itinerary.
Dates and Vessels available: