Northern Italy – Small Jewels Tour
NORTHERN ITALY – Small Jewels Tour
Proposed (ambitious) Itinerary:
Day 1 – Depart US
Day 2 – Arrive in Rome. From the airport we shall drive to Viterbo, visiting the Etruscan necropolis of Cerveteri on the way. (Dinner, D)
Day 3 – Full day excursion to Monte Cimino area visiting Bomarzo Natural Park (a XV century complex with “natural” monsters). Visit to rock perched town of Civita Castellana and the Farnese Palace in Caprarola, returning to Viterbo. (D)
Day 4 – Morning departure via Lake Bolsena to visit Pitigliano. Later we travel on to Porto Santo Stefano for lunch in this seaside town. Then an afternoon drive to Siena, visiting Il Campo (where the Palio, horse race, takes place). Stay overnight. (Lunch, L)
Day 5 – Morning departure to visit the medieval town of San Gimignano. After visit, we will continue through the Tuscan hills to Pisa. In the afternoon we continue to Riomaggiore in the Cinque Terre area. Stay overnight. (D)
Day 6 – Morning stroll and sailing between the Cinque Terre towns. Afternoon drive along the Mediterranean coast on our way north to the Lake Como area. Early evening arrival. (D)
Day 7 – Day to visit Lake Como area, Villa Carlotta and Bellagio. (D)
Day 8 – Morning departure for a full day driving through the Alps via Sondrio, Edolo. We will stop for lunch around Lake Cles; then continue to Trento and on to Bassano del Grappa for a tasting of….grappa, of course. We will arrive in Venice in the evening. (L)
Day 9 – Full day visiting St. Mark’s Basilica, the Doge’s Palace, Murano (crystal) and Burano (embroideries). (D)
Day 10 – Morning visit to Padua (S.Anthony and Giotto) then drive to Chioggia for lunch. We will continue along the Adriatic through Ravenna and Rimini on our way to the Republic of San Marino. (L)
Day 11 – Late morning departure to visit Urbino (Raphael’s), hence through the Apennines and Gubbio as we travel to Perugia. (D)
Day 12 – Today we visit Perugia and Assisi’s St. Francis Basilica. (L)
Day 13 – Morning departure toward Todi and on to visit Orvieto. Continue south to visit Tivoli before dining in Frascati, overlooking Rome. Night arrival in Rome. (D)
Day 14 – Morning transfer to the airport for flight home
…..OR …..You may continue your trip by adding an extension, staying in Rome.
Day 14 – Full day visit of Vatican Museums (Sistine chapel) and St. Peters Basilica. (D)
Day 15 – Walking tour to visit the Coliseum, Roman Forum, Pantheon and Piazza Navona, the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain. (D)
Day 16 – Morning transfer to the airport for flight home.
Escorted and led by Raffaele Beltram.
- Who: Small group of 6-8 people, but no more than 12.
- Cost: Land portion cost per person sharing double room: $ 2,850.
- Includes: local transportation, hotel accommodations including taxes, service charges, sightseeing fees, and most entrance tickets to venues in itinerary
- Meals: Breakfast daily, plus either lunch or dinner daily.
- Family Style Travel: Bring one suitcase with rollers plus a carry on
- Requirement: Commitment to have FUN
- Misc. –
- NOT included in above price:
- Cost of airfare from/to home town, will be happy to quote air ticket price if needed.
- If you have frequent flier miles/ CC points, you are welcome to use them. Just let us know of the air travel arrangements as we coordinate program.
- NOT included in above price: